If you suffer from back discomfort, there are ways to help find relief. By booking an appointment with a chiropractor, your pain could be a thing of the past. So, is lower back pain getting the better of you in Freehold, NJ, or Farmingdale, NJ? Book an appointment with us at Infinity Chiropractic and Rehab for pain relief.
What Are the Common Causes of Lower Back Pain?
Also known as the lumbar region, your lower back does a lot, making it susceptible to pain and injuries. Your lower back supports the upper body, bears much of the weight during lifting, and enables you to turn, twist and bend. Unfortunately, when any of the structures located in the lower back malfunction, you may experience pain, swelling, and stiffness.
The common causes of lower back pain may include:
- Idiopathic causes: Here, the exact cause of your back pain isn’t known.
- Sprains and strains: These are one of the common causes of lower back pain. Falls, slips, and car accidents may injure your lower back’s tendons and ligaments, resulting in pain and limited mobility.
- Spinal stenosis: Due to age, your spinal column may narrow down, putting pressure on the spinal nerves, which causes pain and tingling.
- Osteoarthritis: When the cartilage separating bones wears down, your vertebrae bones may start rubbing against each other, causing pain and stiffness.
- Herniated disc: Injury or aging may cause your vertebrae discs to lose shape, which leads to irritation of nearby nerves, causing pain, numbness, and tingling.
- Sciatica: Damage to the sciatic nerve causes pain that travels from the lower back to the lower extremities.
- Scoliosis: The abnormal curvature of the spine may put pressure on the spinal structures, causing pain and limited mobility.
- Poor posture: Incorrect posture when sleeping, sitting, or lifting heavy objects may cause back pain.
If you have back pain, book an appointment with a chiropractor on our team.
How Our Chiropractors Treat Back Pain
Spinal manipulation is usually the first treatment our chiropractor is likely to administer to help relieve pain. Spinal manipulation repositions your misaligned joints, helping reduce pain and inflammation. Depending on the cause of the pain, the other treatments may include:
- Cold laser therapy
- Stretching exercises
- Lifestyle and nutritional counseling
- Trigger point therapy
- Therapeutic massage
- Therapeutic ultrasound
Contact Us for Lower Back Pain Relief from a Chiropractor on Our Team
Are you tired of living under the bondage of lower back pain? You may find relief with a chiropractor on our team. Book an appointment with us at Infinity Chiropractic and Rehab Center for pain management. We serve numerous regions, including Freehold, NJ, and Farmingdale, NJ. Call us at (732) 409-6777 for Freehold or (732) 919-7777 for Farmingdale.